Gutter cleaning and maintenance. Let’s face it, if your gutters are not doing what they are designed to do, water will enter your home and become a musty, mouldy, wet mess that no homeowner should have to deal with.
Here we have listed our top Do’s and Don’ts for gutter maintenance:
- Clean Out Your Gutters AT LEAST Twice A Year. This is a vital part of keeping your gutters unclogged and in good working condition.
- Invest in Properly Installed Down Pipes And Down Spouts. If you only have 1 downpipe for your entire roof area, chances are you will experience overflow and leaks. Additionally, we recommend installing a downspout at the upper roof’s edge and a downpipe that leads down and away from your foundation. This will ensure adequate waterflow without causing overflow.
- Invest In Seamless Gutters. Seamless gutters are becoming high in demand as they are more durable and have less risk of leaking. DIY plastic gutters become brittle quickly and metal gutters rust in no time if not properly treated.
- Don’t skip out of gutters. If you do not have gutters installed already then stop reading this article now and call us immediately! Your home or office is defensless against leaks, damp, paint damage among other damaging effects if there is nothing to direct waterflow.
- Don’t do it alone. This is not a DIY process. There are various factors that need to be taken into consideration when installing gutters. Thus, a professional gutter cleaning and maintenance contractor needs to be contacted.
- Don’t Neglect The Gutter Maintenance And Cleaning. Just like other aspects of your home, gutters must be inspected to ensure they are in good working order. Thus, if you notice loose, blocked or rusting gutters give us a call to arrange a no obligation inspection and quote.
We are your one stop gutter professionals. Do not leave your gutter needs in the hands of someone who is not a specialist. A small fault can lead to detrimental damage and cost. Contact us TODAY!